Maintaining dental hygiene can often be tricky. But these days, now that you have numerous options when it comes to choosing one of the best electric toothbrushes, it has become easier to achieve oral health. These kinds of toothbrushes work simply; all you have to do is put them in your mouth and let their vibrations do all the work while you maneuver.
Instead of having to move the brush manually, you just need to apply the right amount of force. Electric toothbrushes offer a convenient way to brush your teeth. Many come with a timer, so there’s no risking the enamel of your teeth by brushing for too long. With the right calibration, the best electric toothbrushes are much more effective at removing plaque and cleaning with braces than manual ones.
Plus, this option allows those with carpal tunnel, arthritis, rheumatism, and other issues with hand mobility to brush their teeth properly. It also causes less waste.
Let’s take a look at how we can choose the best electric toothbrushes for ourselves and our families:
Best Electric Toothbrushes Comparison Table
The First Step Toward Improved Oral Hygiene
If you're convinced that the best electric toothbrushes are the way to go, the next step is choosing at least one to try out. This is an important decision since even the cheapest electric option is much more expensive than the conventional manual option.
You shouldn’t worry too much about the price, because the functionality of the best electric toothbrushes makes the investment more than worthwhile. Let's check out the basic factors you need to consider when browsing for the best electric toothbrushes:
Easy to use
Electric toothbrushes from the top brands are comfortable, user-friendly, and have simple controls. This also means that you don’t need to wrestle with complicated machinery first thing in the morning, after every meal, or just before bedtime.
The necessary features
You need at least a two-minute timer, with half-minute intervals to know when to switch sides. This is a must-have in the best electric toothbrushes, so we don’t suggest compromising on this feature. After all, it’s one of the main reasons why one would even make the switch from manual to electric.
There are other features that might come in handy at some point. These include charging stands, travel cases, batteries, and so on. All of these might not be necessary, however, they could be relevant to some individuals. Plus, they factor into the value of a given purchase. Whether or not accessories justify a higher price point is up to you.
A decent brush will run consistently, smoothly, and in a surge-free manner. If it includes a water flosser, that feature should not have any leaks or sprays. The connector and the handle should also be leak-free.
You may choose between a sonic toothbrush and a normal electric toothbrush. If you want a lot of strokes per minute, you should go for a sonic toothbrush, as they vibrate at an average rate of 32,000 strokes per minute. If you want an electric toothbrush that moves its brush head at 8,000 strokes, you can opt for the regular one.
Level of durability
The very best electric toothbrushes could be quite expensive, so you should make sure you’re not replacing the head of your electric toothbrush every few weeks. On average, brush heads might need replacement after three months, while jet picks should last at least six months.
Type of power source
Electric toothbrushes come with several power source options. That’s why you’ll have to choose what’s best for your needs. Batteries might make things more convenient if you're constantly on the go, but they do need frequent replacements. Still, the battery option is one of the cheapest in this area.
Most people prefer the rechargeable versions, which is understandable. These lead to less waste and are also a more convenient option. You don’t have to keep spare batteries in this case. The cord for charging usually comes with the package.
The best electric toothbrushes might come with a cord for plugging indirectly as well. These are probably a bit bulkier, but they have more powerful performance than their counterparts. If you travel a lot, however, those with a charging stand are a more convenient option. Their gentler performance also means that they’re better for sensitive gums.
There are several aspects of the best electric toothbrushes that make them convenient for travel and daily use. If someone travels frequently, they might need much more than a charging stand. An encased toothbrush, in this case, will be great for protection against germs. This will also prevent the device from inadvertently turning on during transit.
Other considerations include extended battery life, portability of the charger, and compact size. Getting most of these features will usually require you to pay a higher price.
Size of brush heads
If you're pondering the best electric toothbrushes for your kids, you’d probably need small heads for the brushing work. The same goes for certain adults who might have issues in controlling large brush sizes. A massage brush option is usually smaller than the regular sizes.
There are several brush settings in an electric toothbrush. However, you might not need every single mode. The general cleaning option is good enough for most people, so there's no need to spend on more if you don’t have to.
However, those with sensitive teeth, gum issues, or in search of a quick option might require "sensitive" and "quick-cleaning" modes as well. There might also be certain options that allow for specialized gum care, whitening, and much more.
The design of the best electric toothbrushes might not matter much if you’re going to tuck them away in a cabinet after use. However, if the charging stand is going to be on your vanity, the appearance might be of importance.
Value for money
No matter how you try to economize, the best electric toothbrushes will cost quite a bit. This is why you need to look for hidden costs and whether you’re getting your money's worth. An ordinary battery-operated electric toothbrush should last for at least two weeks on the regular mode without having to change the batteries.
When considering the value for the price, you should keep in mind that you’ll have to change the brush heads at least once in three months. If there’s more wear and tear, the replacements might have to come sooner. If the brush heads aren’t replaceable, you’ll have to replace the whole brush.
Overall Pricing of the Best Electric Toothbrushes
The pricing of the best electric toothbrushes on the market may greatly vary. The branded options with several features might cost a bundle, while there are several reasonable choices as well. Overall, we may expect the price range of today's electric toothbrushes to land between $ and $$$.
How We Reviewed the Top Choices
Below, we’ve reviewed and discussed some of the best electric toothbrushes available on the market right now. This section is the result of looking at the various features, positive feedback, and high Amazon ratings for each product. We’ve also made sure to include a wide price range so every kind of budget could include an electric toothbrush with some stretching.
Each item below has an Amazon rating of at least 4 out of 5 stars. This should assure you that there are no wrong choices but simply different models to suit your various needs.
The Best Electric Toothbrushes to Buy in 2019
Let’s check out some of the best options on offer now:
Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 electric toothbrush
- The NEW Genius 8000 pairs with your smartphone to enable Position Detection which uses facial recognition to help you know where you've brushed, so you never miss a zone
- Customizable multicolor SmartRing provides real-time visual coaching on brushing time and pressure to help you brush like your dentist recommends
- Pressure sensor technology automatically slows brush speed and visibly alerts you to protect gums from over-brushing
- 6 cleaning modes allow you to brush based on your needs: Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Tongue Cleaning and Pro-Clean Mode
- Smart Travel Case allows you to charge your toothbrush and your smartphone at the same time
Oral-B is a known name in the dental hygiene industry, so it’s no surprise that there’s also an electric toothbrush with this make. This is the best option here for sensitive, receding gums. Such a situation usually means you should avoid electric toothbrushes, but apparently you can still go with this one.
This option comes with a couple of unique features that are designed to protect your gums. The triple pressure sensor makes the handle glow if you’re pressing too hard. There’s also a "sensitive" mode, which automatically makes for a gentler experience.
Smartphone pairing, a travel charger case, visual coaching, and six cleaning modes make this one of the best electric toothbrushes ever. Of course, the price range reflects the quality, and this one is a significant investment -- it starts at about $$$ and goes up to $$$. Still, the glowing reviews should be more than enough to prove its worth, as is the average Amazon customer rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Waterpik WP-950 Complete Care 7.0 water flosser and sonic toothbrush
- More Effective Brushing and Flossing in One Convenient Device
- Removes plaque and debris deep between teeth and below the gumline where brushing and traditional flossing can't reach
- Combines Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush technologies
- Space saving design requires only one outlet
- This unit is compatible with a 120VAC/60Hz outlet and is for use in North America only. Any warranty will be voided through the sale and use of the product outside North America. Shipment outside of North America is prohibited by Waterpik
The Waterpik WP-950 might be your best bet for cleaning if there are braces on your teeth. These pesky contraptions limit the food you can eat and also make it very hard to maintain proper dental hygiene. Fortunately, this is one of the best electric toothbrushes for cleaning around those wires thoroughly.
We especially love the water flosser here, which is a much better option for braces than the string version. The reservoir will hold enough water for a 90-second flossing session. With all this, the average Amazon customer rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars is no surprise. The water pump might be a bit loud, so you should consider this before going for a price ranging from $150 to $190.
Philips Sonicare Diamond Clean Classic electric toothbrush
- Up to 62000 brush movement/min.Removes up to 7x more plaque than a manual toothbrush; Whitens teeth in just 1 week while improving your gum health in only 2 weeks
For those with a lot of dental work in their history, the Philips Sonicare is probably one of the best electric toothbrushes available. It’ll give you that coveted cleaning but is safe for use on veneers, fillings, bridges, and other dental additions. The quick vibration will get everything clean without the need to apply much pressure or move the brush aggressively.
The intensity settings are also great, as you can alternate between the low, medium, and high options. Of course, you’ll also have to pay for all this at a price range between $$$ and $$$.
Still, this all-rounder also gets a decent average Amazon customer rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars. With a charge lasting for three weeks, several modes, and pulsing signals for switching sides, the features of this electric toothbrush definitely make it a worthwhile investment.
Gloridea Rotary electric toothbrush
- ROTATTING ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH clean more plaque than manual toothbrush,remove stains caused by coffee,smoke,tea,etc,and whitening teeth in 14 days
- 3 OPTIONAL MODES TO MEET YOUR CORE ORAL NEEDS: :Clean,sensitive ,massage; differ in speed and frequency.Choose the right modes,take a good care of your gums
- RECHARGEABLE TOOTHBRUSH - that last 14 days by one full charge in 12 hours,easy charge by inductive station.charging the electric toothbrush when the light go red
- ORIGNIAL DESIGN WITH BALCK MATTE FINIST - Ergonomics structure easy to hold without slip
- 100% SATISFACTION GURANTEE,180 days no hassle refund for any defect
The Gloridea toothbrush is a viable choice for adults, with a smart timer and a long battery life. This device will not just make your teeth cleaner and whiter, but also smoother with its rotary brushing style. It can remove stains, plaque buildup, and many other dental issues in about two weeks.
The price range for this item is between $ and $, depending on the color and package you choose. With the average Amazon customer rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, we feel that the price is quite reasonable.
If you’re up for preventing tooth decay and polishing your teeth regularly, this might be the way to go. It has two brush heads, three rotating modes, and rounded bristles for gentle gum care. However, you should also keep in mind that the vibration might be too strong for some.
Fairywill electric toothbrush
No products found.
This Fairywill toothbrush is a rechargeable sonic option that works a full four hours on one charge. It comes equipped with about 40,000 vibrations per minute, which helps remove plaque and stains. In about a week of using this brush, you can look forward to better oral health.
With an average Amazon customer rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, the price range of $ to $$ isn’t so bad. We also love the five-year life design with a one-year warranty. The 180-day return policy also shows the company’s confidence in its product. You should be aware that there’s no standing base for charging, which might be a bit inconvenient.
Lächen rechargeable sonic electric whitening toothbrush
- ♥ RICH MODES: 5 brushing modes(Superior clean/white / sensitive / gum care / polishing) with 48,000 strokes per minute. Superior clean, Sensitive: Operates at a lower speed to gently clean teeth & gums, Whitening: Gentle polishing for whiter teeth in 2 weeks; Polishing: 1 minute fast mode can brighten and polish the anterior teeth; gum care: 3 minutes of complete mode combined with cleaning mode, every 30 seconds will pause, plus 1 minute of gentle stimulation and massage gums, improve Gum healt
- ♥ TIME REMINDER FUNCTION: Built-in 2 minutes smart timer that dentist recommended.Interval pulse in every 30s remind to move the next quadrant of your mouth while brushing. Habit memory system will take 5 sec. to record your brushing mode and execute the same in your next brush
- ♥ ENJOY YOUR TRAVEL: Enjoy up to 60 days of regular use from a single full charge(6-17h). unique matte finish surface, provide a comfortable feeling in your hand. USB inductive charging compatibles with global voltage(100V-240V),plus a travel case make it great for long trips
- ♥ PROFESSIONAL BRUSH HEADS: Food grade DuPnt bristles, FDA certificated. Round design on top of bristles, Cover each tooth at multiple angles. 6mm swing range that helps to remove the waste from the tight space between teeth. Including 4 replacement brush heads: 1 standard brush head for regular use, 1 soft brush head for sensitive teeth, 2 diamond clean brush head for whitening and polishing your teet
- ♥ SECURITY & GUARANTEE: IPX7 waterproof allow you to brush teeth in shower. Matt finish offer a comfortable feeling in your hand. ❤️ 100% refund guarantee and replacement guarantee in 12 months to ensure customer satisfaction.Just contact us,We will help you out in time.❤️
The Lächen rechargeable toothbrush is yet another option that could whiten your teeth with regular use. It has no less than five brushing modes, including sensitive, gum care, and polishing options.
With the reminders and memory system, you can look forward to a more informed brushing routine. You also get about 60 days of usage from one charge, which means a hassle-free operation all around.
This toothbrush's excellent performance is what gained it that average Amazon customer rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. The price range might be a bit higher than expected, as it starts at $ and goes up to $$. This is still much less than the high-end options, though.
WOVIDA sonic technology electric toothbrush
This WOVIDA sonic technology electric toothbrush is for both kids and adults, with five brushing modes and a compact brush size for easy maneuvering. Depending on which kind of package you choose, the price ranges from $ to $$.
The average Amazon customer rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars assures us that this brush will indeed fulfill all its promises. These include the 40,000 brush strokes every minute, plaque removal, and overall healthier teeth within two weeks. With the 180-day no-hassle refund policy, we’re pretty much covered at every level. However, you might want to prepare yourself for a lower vibration level than the more expensive options.
Sarmocare electric toothbrush
The Sarmocare electric toothbrush is another rechargeable option that’s great for adults and kids alike. You’ll feel like you’ve just been to the dentist every single morning with this option.
With the price range between $ and $$, we don’t feel the investment is too much for a proper cleaning experience. The average Amazon customer rating is an impressive 4.7 out of 5 stars, so there are several reasons for choosing this one. Since this brush is quite small, it’s best for kids or users with braces.
The Best Brand for Those Pearly Whites
If you’re ready to get that gleaming smile back and are just throwing your manual toothbrush away, we recommend starting off with the Gloridea electric option. This has all the features you need for starting out, while still being available within a reasonable price range. You can start that motor now and see the difference in your pearly whites!
Last update on 2021-07-30 at 02:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API